Before you start
The RaiseNow TWINT extension for QR payment slips enables your supporters and members to pay QR payment slips using TWINT instead of only by bank transfer. In the following we’ll describe how to add TWINT to your QR payment slips, share some tips and tricks, and tell you about our style guides for adding TWINT information to your payment slip template.
Who can use this feature?
This function is available to all RaiseNow Free and Growth customers who have a Hub account and who send –or plan to send – QR payment slips to their supporters or members.
What you get
- A simple extension to the QR payment slip, adding TWINT as an additional payment method.
- The option to scan the QR payment slip using a banking app or the TWINT app.
- Personalized donation forms by adopting recipient information from the QR payment slip.
- Simple payment tracking on the RaiseNow Hub platform using the reference number from the QR payment slip.
- The option to use the RaiseNow donation form to collect additional supporter data, such as email address, marketing opt-in and donation receipt requirement.
What you need
- A third-party application (Lettershop, CRM, invoicing tool, web tool) that can generate QR payment slips.
- An active RaiseNow Hub TWINT PayPlus or TWINT QR Donate solution.
Extend the functionality of your QR payment slip
Before you can add the TWINT payment function to your QR payment slip, you must set up a RaiseNow PayPlus or Donate solution on our Hub platform. You have one already? Great, then let’s continue.
- Log into your RaiseNow Hub account.
- Click on “Touchpoint solutions” in the navigation bar on the left.
- Next to the TWINT QR solution you want to add to your QR payment slip, click on “Details”.
- The details of the selected touchpoint solution open up. Navigate to the “Apply” area and scroll right to the bottom. There, you’ll find the section “Extend your QR invoice with TWINT”
- Click on “Display options”
- Copy the text from “Alternative method parameter 1” and add it to line 33 of the QR payment slip payload.
- Copy the text from “Alternative method parameter 2” and add it to line 34 of the QR payment slip payload.
- Or you can add the text from “Alternative method parameter 2” to line 30 or line 32 of the QR payment slip payload.
- Generate your QR payment slip using your third-party application.
- The payload of your QR code (the data it contains) should now look like the example in the attachment
- Now you can scan your QR payment slip using your banking or TWINT app 🚀
Application examples of RaiseNow Touchpoint solutions in QR payment slips
Optimized behavior of RaiseNow donation forms in QR payment slips
- If an amount is defined on the QR payment slip, this will be displayed on the donation form. The preselected amount in the touchpoint solution will then be ignored.
- If no amount is defined on the QR payment slip, the preselected amount from the touchpoint solution will be displayed.
- All personal data fields that are configured in the touchpoint solution are hidden and replaced by a non-editable display of the payer information from the payload.
- If the personal data field “Email” is configured in the touchpoint solution, it is displayed as an entry field.
- You can also activate the “Consent to email marketing” and “Donation receipt” areas in the touchpoint solution if you want to collect that information from supporters.
You need to add our TWINT banner to your payment slip template to make it clear to your donors that they can also scan the QR payment slip using the TWINT app. You’ll find the graphic files plus our style guide for adding the information to your payment slip template in this separate article.