The RaiseNow Managed Package adds functionality to your Salesforce Org to export contact details related to unique payment references for selected campaign member.
The data is provided as a .csv file attached to the campaign object within Salesforce and is intended to be used with a letter shop for mass letter mailings.
The payment references are intended to be added to payment slips or requests for donations via online-banking. If you are using the RaiseNow Camt Integration, payments will be automatically matched to the contacts and opportunities identified by the payment references.
All generated payment references are stored in the RaiseNow Payment Reference object.
Payment Reference Algorithms
Currently, there is one algorithm implemented to generate payment references: Swiss Payment References for ESR. Please check with our customer success team if you require a different algorithm. In the Managed Package, the generated payment references consist of the following fields:
- Algorithm identifier: The first two digits of the generated reference numbers. For payment references compatible to Swiss Payment References for ESR, these two digits are 10.
- Payment Reference Prefix : The next 12 digits contained in the reference numbers. Is a value between 1 and 12 digits. If a shorter value than 12 digits is given, it is right-padded with zeros.
- Payment Reference Begin : The next 12 digits allowing you to define a starting point within the resulting number range, for example if you have already used the same prefix before. Please note that the generated payment references must be unique and RaiseNow enforces this rule by prohibiting you from generating reference numbers for the same range more then once.
Values can have a length in between one and 12 digits. Values which are shorter than 12 digits are right-padded with zeroes.
- Payment Reference Checksum: The Luhn checksum according to the Swiss Banking system for verifying payment references.
Adjusting Salesforce's Page Layout
First let's make sure the required fields are visible on the campaign page layout. Go to Setup->Object Manager->Campaign Object and select your page layout. Then add the following fields:
- RaiseNow Payment Reference Algorithm : This field allows you to select an algorithm to generate unique payment references
- RaiseNow Payment Reference Prefix : This field allows you to define a prefix for your campaign which will be included in the generated payment references.
- RaiseNow Payment Reference Begin : This field allows you to define a starting point within the resulting number range, for example if you have already used the same prefix before.
If you navigate to the RaiseNow app you will see the configured fields on the campaign object and you will also find a button on the upper right to generate payment references for your campaign members.
You have to define those three variables for your campaign. Now you are ready to generate the payment references. Starting with version 1.15 of our RaiseNow Fundraising Kit for Salesforce this configuration is optional if you have defined a default configuration. You can still overwrite the default configuration with campaign specific information.
Select the members for which to generate payment references and click the button on the lower right to start generating them.
This will trigger a batch job. You will be notified by email once that job has been completed. Once it is completed, you will find an attachment on that campaign object containing a .csv file with the generated payment references.
If you have a version of the RaiseNow Fundraising Kit for Salesforce below 1.15, Opportunities will be generated for all campaign members. If you employ version 1.15 or above, Opportunities will only be generated by RaiseNow if we register a successful payment corresponding to a generated payment reference.
Please note that you can only generate one payment reference per campaign member. If you already have generated payment references for all campaign members the button will be deactivated.