The RaiseNow Tamaro widget provides standard functionality to provide donors with the option to cover the transaction fee in addition to their donation. The widget supports both percentage based fee calculation as well as defining a fixed fee per donation. If activated, fees will be automatically added to the donation amount.
In the Tamaro widget the option will appear as an additional checkbox for your donors:
Within Salesforce the calculated amount will be shown on the opportunity object:
To activate this option please take the following steps with the RaiseNow support team:
- Ensure you have upgraded to version 1.18 or higher of the RaiseNow Fundraising Kit for Salesforce. If you are currently using a lower version please schedule the update with our support team to ensure that our backend component is updated accordingly.
- Request activation of this option in your Tamaro widget from our support team.
Edit your opportunity page layout to show the field "Cover The Fee Amount" on the opportunity details page. This will show the absolut amount added to the transaction as calculated by the widget configuration.
The following fields are also available for additional reporting needs:
- Cover The Fee Percentage: If your Tamaro widget is configured to calculate the fee as a percentage of the total donation, the configuration value will be shown in this field
- Cover The Fee Fixed Fee: If your Tamaro widget is configured to calculate the fee as a fixed value per transaction this value will be shown here.
- Cover the Fee: Checkbox to indicate if the donor selected this option