This release requires the RaiseNow Fundraising Kit for Salesforce version 1.36 or v1.37 in conjunction with version 1.18.x of our backend integration.
If you are already using v1.36 of our Fundraising Kit for Salesforce we will upgrade your integration automatically to the latest backend integration. You can update the managed package at your convenience. Please request the installation link through RaiseNow support. Please also consider this article before upgrading to check the execution status of asynchronous operations.
Though the latest backend release is fully compatible with v1.36 of the RaiseNow Fundraising Kit for Salesforce, some feature will only be available if you upgrade to v1.37.
If you are still using a prior version, please contact support to schedule the upgrade.
Improvements and bug fixes
Remove permissions on GAU allocation from RaiseNow permission set (v1.37)
This release removes field permissions assigned with the permission set shipped with the package as these are not required for the usual operations:
Improved the handling of permissions for asynchronous operations (v1.37)
When a user without the RaiseNow permission set assigned performed an operation such as editing a recurring donation that would trigger asynchronous operations, the asynchronous operation resulted in an exception when the user did not have the necessary permissions as required by the asynchronous operations.
For example, in the observed case a user had no permission to delete the temporary object created by our package to track the status of the operation. This resulted in temporary data not being deleted after the successful conclusion of the operation.
This improvement catches this error by displaying a message to the user in Salesforce if the required permissions are not assigned. In addition, temporary objects will now be permanently deleted after successful completion of the corresponding operation instead of moving it to the users recycle bin.
Catch an error in payment reference generation in Salesforce when multiple batch reference generation jobs were executed simultaneously (v1.37)
We identified an edge case in which generations of payment references could fail due to row locks on the payment reference object. This resulted in campaign members not being assigned payment references. The resulting exception will now be caught and a retries will will automatically be executed.
Rename label for RaiseNow__Direct_Debit_Mandate__c to Direct Debit Mandate (v1.37)
The label for the RaiseNow__Direct_Debit_Mandate__c object was changed from "Contract" to "Direct Debit Mandate" to avoid confusing it with the Salesforce standard object of the same name.
Deletion of the RaiseNow__Subscription__c will now lead to cancellation of the subscription in RaiseNow (v1.37)
A new trigger on the RaiseNow__Subscription__c object will now notify Raisenow when a subscription is deleted in Salesforce. Deletion of the subscription will be interpreted as cancellation of the subscription in RaiseNow. Note: The recommended path to cancel a subscription is still to close the recurring donation in Salesforce.
Provide Apex method to send camt files from Salesforce to RaiseNow (v1.37)
A new Apex method to send camt files to RaiseNow for automatic processing is provided with this release. Check the corresponding section in the article.
Automatically fallback to browser language if correspondence language is not set explicitly in RaiseNow Manager payment transaction (backend v1.18.8)
For transactions from RaiseNow manager the correspondence language needed to be set explicitly for it to be propagated to Contact.RaiseNow__Language__c. This value will now fallback to the donors browser language.
Recurring payment failures will no longer report an error in business process monitor if the subscription cannot be identified in Salesforce (backend v1.18.8)
When RaiseNow receives a charge error for a subscription, this will be reported to Salesforce, trying to identify the correct opportunity for the corresponding recurring donations. We saw quite a few cases where subscriptions/recurring donations no longer existed in Salesforce. In some cases this was due to migrations that omitted subscriptions that had accrued charge failures, in other cases user deleted the corresponding objects in Salesforce. If RaiseNow cannot identify a recurring donation for a given subscription charge failure, it will no longer report this operation as an error.
Add link to Hub transaction on Opportunity (backend v1.18.5-v1.18.8)
Opportunities created based on RaiseNow Hub payments will now feature a link to the corresponding record in RaiseNow Hub.
Further bug fixes and improvements
- Remove a validation on the payment status from Hub payments to reduce dependencies on future changes.
- Catch an edge case were charging a subscription via the LWC "chargePaymentSource" falsely validated for a non-existing payment source.
- Payment transactions from Hub will now pass the donor message to the Opportunity.
- BIC will no longer be considered as mandatory when importing direct debit recurring donations via the RaiseNow importer.
- Improvements to handling of test_mode.
- Catch a bug caused when multiple reconciliation reports were generated based on the same camt file.
- Set Opportunity.RaiseNow__Acquirer_Payout_Received__c on successful PayPal payments directly.
- Improve handling of process messages to avoid problems caused by invalid data in messages.
- Fix validation to allow non-iban debtor bank account numbers when processing camt files.
Knowledgebase articles provided release v1.18.8 / v1.37
- Due to the changes in the permission set, the documentation provided with regards to permissions needed for the integration user was updated. You can find the complete set of permissions here.
- As section on programmatically sending camt files from Salesforce to RaiseNow was added here.
- Documentation on RaiseNow objects and fields provided with v1.37 can be found here.