Install Dynamics 365 Nonprofit Accelerator
You need to install the Dynamics 365 Nonprofit Accelerator from the AppSource. Please refer to the documentation provided by Microsoft for further details on this.
Complete RaiseNow Growth On-Boarding
The RaiseNow Digital Fundraising Kit for Non-Profit Accelerator is offered as part of our Growth license. You must have purchased this license and completed the initial onboarding in order to link RaiseNow to Dynamics. During the on-boarding please notify our customer success team that you wish to connect RaiseNow to the Dynamics 365 Nonprofit Accelerator.
RaiseNow needs programatic access to your D365 organization. For this purpose an application user must be setup.
Finding your tenant_id
The tenant_id is widely used and can be found in different places. For example:
- Navigate to azure portal
- Select "Microsoft Entry Id"
- Go to Manage Tenants
- Selecting the tenant from the list will give you the tenant details, including the tenant_id
Registering the App
Go to your Azure portal and register a new app in the Azure Active Directory
Be sure the setup the following with:
The authentication mechanism selected during the app registration should be “client credentials”
Dynamics must be accessible by the application via Web
(you are free to choose whichever app name is best fits the need of your organization).
- API permissions must be set as shown in the screenshots below to give access to common data services for Dynamics CRM.
Configure Access in Dynamics
Configure Access in Power Platform Admin Center
- In the Power Platform Admin Center, navigate to your environment
- Manage Users
- Switch to App Users
- Add User
- Search for the app registration you created above in Azure Entry ID and add that user
- Be sure to add roles to the application user as required by your use case.
Configure Access in Dynamics CRM (legacy)
In your dynamics environment, a new application user must be created and linked to the application registered in Azure.
Import the RaiseNow Solution to Dynamics
RaiseNow will map certain values defined in RaiseNow to corresponding values in D365. The following values must be defined and provided in the onboarding process later.
The field statuscode on the transaction must have values defined as shown in the screenthot below. Examples:
- If a pledge is created via RaiseNow (vs a paid-for credit card donation), RaiseNow will set the transaction status to "Pledged".
- If RaiseNow recognizes a payment has been paid out by the acquiring partner, the status of the transaction will be updated to "Paid Out"
You need to add a value for the neutral gender option.
You need to add values to the msnfp_PaymentSchedule as shown in the screenshot below.