If you already have an account in the RaiseNow Hub for your association or organization, you may want to know if there is an option to have the transaction costs covered by the person who makes a payment or a donation with your Touchpoint solution.
In this case, you should know that this option exists for the solution entitled 'TWINT Donations', with which you can receive, in addition to the payment, the contact details and other personal information about your donors.
Why should we offer the option to cover the transaction costs?
Before we show you how to set up this option, we will briefly explain why it makes sense and why it is beneficial to offer the option of having your donors pay for the transaction costs. The answer is simple and clear: with this option your organization receives 100% of the donation amount.
Moreover, studies have shown that 75 to 80% of donors are willing to pay the transaction fees.
However, you should know that you cannot choose the amount of the fees that will be paid by the person making the donation. This is because the fees are calculated automatically in RaiseNow Hub.
How can I set up this option?
Please follow the instructions below if you would like to allow your donors to pay the transaction fee when they make a donation to your organization via your touchpoint solution:
1) Log into the RaiseNow Hub using this link: https://hub.raisenow.com/
2) Click on 'Touchpoint solutions' in the left column, then click 'Edit' next to the respective Touchpoint solution. You can also choose to create a new solution (TWINT Donations) as this option is available for both existing and new Touchpoint solutions that you will create.
3) Select 'Cover processing fee' as shown below in order to activate this option:
4) In the payment form, on the right hand side, you can see a section that allows the person to choose to cover the fees. These fees are then calculated automatically.
5) Once you have activated this option don't forget to click on 'Update' or, if it's a touchpoint solution you just created, on 'Save & generate'.
How do I know if the donor has chosen to cover the transaction costs?
The instructions below are a quick and easy way to find out if the donor has also opted to cover the transaction costs:
1) Click on 'Transactions' in the left column, then click on one of the transactions to view the payment details.
2) You can see the amount of the transaction fee under 'Fee'. If it says 'Covered' (in green, next to the amount), it means that the person has covered the transaction cost. If it doesn't say anything, the transaction fee is at your charge.
3) For your information, you can see the amount that will be paid out to your bank account under 'Payment amount'.
PLEASE NOTE: The information about the coverage of transaction costs is not displayed on the weekly payout report, but only in the RaiseNow Hub. However, if the fees are covered by your donors, you can find this information in the transaction list that you can export yourself from the RaiseNow Hub (as a *.CSV or .*XLS file).
If it says TRUE next to the parameter "Fee covered", the fee has been covered by the donor. If it is set to FALSE, the transaction cost is at your charge. If the field is blank, it means that the option to cover the fee has not been activated.
You can find more information about exporting data from RaiseNow Hub here.
ADDITION TWINT - FOR SWISS ORGANIZATIONS ONLY:
The cover the fee option only exists for the solution entitled 'TWINT Donations'.
PLEASE NOTE: The option to cover the transaction costs is not yet available for other solutions.
Please do not hesitate to contact us by email (email@example.com) if you need more information.