Creating and charging subscriptions
The Salesforce NPSP models subscriptions in form of a standard object called a "Recurring Payment". A RaiseNow subscription corresponds with this Salesforce object. The Objects that are addressed when creating a recurring payment in Salesforce are:
When creating the object via API based on a RaiseNow subscription, the following information will be passed to the recurring donation object in Salesforce after creating the contact (see above):
- Name - The RaiseNow subscription token
- Amount in the super unit of the given currency, e.g. EUR
- The recurring donation object will have an Open Ended Status
- The recurring donation object may link to a Salesforce campaign (optional) by passing the Campaign ID with the transaction.
- Instalment period: Will be set according to the settings of the RaiseNow subscription. Supported by both RaiseNow and Salesforce are "Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly"
- RaiseNow will identify the next open opportunity for the recurring donation object
- RaiseNow will create a payment object for that opportunity. The payment will be marked as "Paid" and reference the RaiseNow transaction identifier
- The opportunity will be updated to "Closed / Won"
See this example of a recurring donation where the first opportunity has already been updated as the corresponding RaiseNow subscription has been charged once.
Details of the updated opportunity:
And the corresponding payment:
A RaiseNow subscription may be cancelled by the donor or through the RaiseNow Manager interface. Cancelling a subscription will have the following effects in Salesforce
The Open Ended Status for the recurring donation in Salesforce will be marked as "Closed"
The opportunities will be marked as lost