In difficult situations such as an emergency it’s important to act quickly and efficiently to collect donations for the people affected.When an emergency situation arises, it’s in the interests of RaiseNow and their partner, TWINT, to smooth the way for organizations to collect digital donations swiftly and easily.
How RaiseNow and TWINT initiate emergency fundraising campaigns
When RaiseNow and TWINT decide that there is an emergency situation and launch an emergency fundraising campaign, they evaluate the following criteria:
- Degree of the emergency situation: The severity and extent of the damage or threat play a critical role.
- Urgency: The time factor is often crucial. Emergency situations demand a rapid response in order to save human lives and provide humanitarian aid.
- Availability of resources: The availability of resources, including financial means, humanitarian aid, infrastructure, and staff, influences how we react to the catastrophe.
- International recognition: As soon as states and international organizations declare a cross-border crisis, the situation is deemed to be a catastrophe.
In the case of an emergency situation, the goal is to launch an emergency fundraising campaign as quickly as possible. So we need participating organizations to commit quickly and provide campaign material.
RaiseNow and TWINT run the emergency fundraising campaign together. Contact with the organizations is via RaiseNow.
An emergency fundraising campaign on TWINT consists of the following two elements:
TWINT Spotlight Campaign
At least two weeks; possible extension depending on the impact of the emergency situation
Featured Campaign on the TWINT Giving Portal
At least four weeks; possible extension depending on the impact of the emergency situation
An emergency fundraising campaign is charged using a flexible pricing model. See below for more details.
Participation in an emergency fundraising campaign: CHF 2,000*
Flexible pricing model (whichever price works out lower is applied)
Model 1: CPC 80 centimes
Model 2: Max. 30% of the donation volume
*The minimum charge of CHF 2,000 is divided between the participating organizations when the amount is invoiced. If the overall invoice amount for all participating organizations exceeds CHF 2,000, this minimum charge no longer applies.
In the end, the pricing model that incurs the lower cost for the organization is used. Pricing model 1 usually applies when the campaign attracts a lot of traffic. This is the case, for example, with large emergency campaigns such as the Ukraine war or earthquakes in Turkey/Syria. In other cases, the second pricing model usually applies.
What organizations can take part in an emergency fundraising campaign?
Does your organization fulfil the following criteria?
- The “cover the fee” option for donors is activated on the donation form
- The organization can guarantee that the campaign is relevant to the purpose: An organization must mention the emergency requirement in its purpose. That’s why it has decided to collect campaign-based funds for emergency aid and will later publish a report on it
- The organization can demonstrate a high degree of relevance for the general public on the TWINT app
- The organization has an active “Growth 3” price plan.
How can organizations be considered for an emergency fundraising campaign?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know that you’re interested. After receiving your message, we’ll check whether your organization already meets the criteria and will get back to you.
If RaiseNow and TWINT decide to launch an emergency fundraising campaign, registered organizations will be contacted by email. In your email, share the names and emails of people to contact in the case of an emergency fundraising campaign. Please ensure that the contact(s) is/are also reachable outside of office hours.
Being added to the distribution list doesn’t guarantee a place. It’s more of a preselection that means we can contact you more quickly in the case of an emergency situation. Criteria 2 and 3 can only be evaluated once an emergency fundraising campaign exists.
In the case of an emergency situation, our priority is to collect donations as quickly, efficiently, and transparently as possible. As places are limited, we can’t include all organizations that are eligible to participate. Because of this, TWINT and RaiseNow reserve the right to select or not select an organization.
Additional option: Featured Campaign on the TWINT Giving Portal
If your organization couldn’t be considered for the emergency fundraising campaign because it didn't fulfil the criteria or for another reason, you can always run a Featured Campaign in the teaser area of the TWINT Giving Portal.
For this, too, you can reach us at: email@example.com
If there are a great number of requests for Emergency Featured Campaigns, RaiseNow reserves the right to combine the individual campaigns in a joint Featured Campaign. This can be implemented at any time.